INTERNATIONAL LITERARY AWARD
FIRST EDITION 2019
The International University of Peace Switzerland, under the auspices of Universum Academy Switzerland, the Federation of European Cultural Associations and the International Peace Volunteers Corps, has organized the first edition of the “Veritatis Splendor” International Literary Award.
1) Poets residing anywhere and of any nationality may take part in the competition with published or unpublished works in Italian. Foreign authors must attach an Italian translation of their work.
2) The competition is divided into 3 sections:
A) Poem on any subject
B) Poem on a “Religious, Peace and Human Rights” theme
C) Poem on any subject reserved for young authors up to 18 years old maximum
Up to 3 poems on any subject, 35 typewritten verses maximum on A4 paper (one poem only per sheet) in 5 copies, one copy of which containing personal details, complete address, phone number and email. Entry fee 20 euros. Foreign authors must attach an Italian translation.
Up to 3 poems on a “Religious and/or Peace and Human Rights” theme, 35 typewritten verses maximum on A4 paper (one poem only per sheet) in 5 copies, one copy of which containing personal details, complete address, phone number and email. Entry fee 20 euros. Foreign authors must attach an Italian translation.
This Section is solely for Authors up to 18 years of age maximum. Up to 3 poems on any subject, 35 typewritten verses maximum on A4 paper (one poem only per sheet) in 5 copies, one copy of which containing personal details, complete address, phone number and email. Participation is free. Foreign authors must attach an Italian translation.
Submission of entries:
3) Entries are to be sent within June 30th, 2019 latest to our postal address as follows:
Universum Academy Switzerland – Casella Postale 416, CH – 6962 Viganello ( Svizzera )
4) The completed Entry Form and copy of payment must also be attached to the works. The documents may all be sent as email attachments in Word or PDF formats to: firstname.lastname@example.org Participation in different sections is allowed paying the corresponding entry fee for each additional section.
Please facilitate Administration by sending your works in well ahead of the deadline. Thank you.
5) Entry fees are to be payed on:
Post Office Curent Account Number 1 0 1 9 8 5 2 5 1 4 held by:
Universum Academy – Casella Postale 26, 22018 Porlezza – Como,
6) The formal prize-giving ceremony is on Sunday, September 8th, 2019 starting 10.00 a.m. at the Grand Hotel Adriatico in Montesilvano, Pescara. All the participants will receive the final results of the competition and an invitation to the Award Ceremony.
The first 5 winners of each section will receive Awards
1st Classified – Winged Victory Trophy
2nd Classified – Plaque
3rd Classified – Plaque
4th Classified – Cup
5th Classified – Cup
7) 6 Special Awards will also be conferred:
International University of Peace Plaque
Universum Switzerland Presidency Plaque
Federazione delle Associazioni Culturali Europee (F.A.C.E.) Plaque
International Peace Volunteers Corps Plaque
Federal President’s Medal
Special “Michele Vene” Award Plaque
8) The personal presence of the first three classified of each section and the winners of the Special Awards is requested. Delegating is not permitted. All other competitors who are unable to attend may have their Diploma collected through written authorisation, Judging Panel and Universum International Presidency Members excluded. One written authorisation only is allowed per person.
9) No Award will be posted so please don’t ask!
10) The Authors are legally responsible for their texts in the event of plagiarism.
11) Competition participation implies full acceptance of the above Rules.
12) Competition Rules and Entry Form may be downloaded from our
13) The names of the Jury Members, whose decisions may not be disputed,
will be revealed during the Award Ceremony.
Further information may be requested phoning 0041.91.220.55.12 from 10.00 a.m. to 18.00 p.m., texting on 0041.76.206.77.59 (WhatsApp) or email to: email@example.com A copy of these Competition Rules and Entry Form to be completed and attached may also be requested at the aforesaid email.
Thank you in advance to all who publicize this extraordinary initiative.